Do you like the idea of working in a fast-growth software company in a cross-functional Agile Development Team using cutting edge technologies like Azure? How about developing software used by Fortune 50 clients? Due to ongoing growth, we are seeking Agile Developers to join the Covisum team. We are looking for smart people with a skill set including .NET MVC, API and web service development, Azure, SQL, and Java or C# experience; C# is preferred. Most importantly, we need good communicators who are eager to learn. We’ll help you hone your development skills in an environment where you’ll get to see the impact of your work.
Key Essential Functions
- Develop knowledge on the business application of Social Security and other Social Security Insurance program rules and regulations.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (e.g. daily standups, planning meetings, backlog grooming, retros, etc.).
- May vary based on position level:
- Lead by example.
- Mentor team members in technology, patterns, and best practices.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- A passion for software development, a desire to learn and succeed, strong interpersonal skills, and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to self-start, be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile team developing in a highly-iterative fashion.
- Working knowledge of typical software development life cycles, including development, testing, implementation, and support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages, such as C# or Java.
Highly Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working within an Agile team.
- Experience with DevOps concepts and culture (e.g. collaboration, automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring, fast feedback loops, etc.).
- Experience working on a team utilizing source code management tools.
- Experience with build tools and continuous integration systems.
- Experience with cloud platform software development and cloud security (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google, etc., Microsoft Azure Preferred).
- Experience with the implementation of secure coding practices on a team.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. Competitive salary with Agile Team bonus opportunities beginning after 90 days.
There are multiple openings available at varying position levels, based on experience and competency. These positions are based in Omaha, Nebraska. Training is immediate and ongoing. We offer a stable, professional and friendly environment that allows qualified candidates to grow within the organization.
Covisum is a subsidiary of Senior Market Sales, Inc., a successful 35-year-old independently-owned insurance marketing organization, recognized as a leader within the insurance and financial services industry. Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.