Last modified: July 5, 2023
Covisum’s Collection of Personal Information
What Can I Do Without Disclosing Any Information?
For any customized analysis, we require you to provide us with certain personal information. You may learn about our software, search for a local advisor, and read about Social Security claiming strategies without disclosing any personal information.
Why Do I Need to Submit Personal Information?
Because the analyses we provide are personalized to your situation, we must collect certain personal information. Our goal is to be able to deliver the reports you request quickly and easily without jeopardizing your privacy and security in any way.
What Kinds of Information Will I Have to Provide?
This may include your name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone numbers, earnings history, tax status, dependents, and information on assets and liabilities as well as estimates of future needs.
Other Personal Information Required for Service:
To subscribe to our software, you may need to provide the type of credit card you wish to use, the credit card number, the date of expiration, credit card security code, your phone number, and mailing address. Where payment by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is possible, you may need to provide your bank name, your account number and your routing number.
When you use the Website, we may also collect:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
What Types of Internet-Related Information am I Also Sharing With You?
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Covisum, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
What Do You Do with this Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To deliver the reports you request.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Will Any of the Personal Information Collected be Disclosed to Outside Parties?
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. Please view the privacy policies of these third parties to learn about how they process data.
- We use Stripe and Authorize.net to process payments.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze how visitors use our Website.
- We use HubSpot as a CRM platform.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Covisum’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Covisum about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Covisum our customers, or others.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any others. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How Do I Remove My Information from Your Database?
If you do not wish to receive marketing email from us, you can remove yourself from our distribution lists at any time by: Sending an email request for removal to privacy@Covisum.com or by writing to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer
444 Regency Parkway Dr.
Omaha, NE 68114
State Privacy Laws
We do not meet the conditions as outlined in Section 1798.140 of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) and therefore are not subject to CCPA requirements. We also do not meet the eligibility conditions outlined in the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act, Colorado Privacy Act, Connecticut Data Privacy Act, or Utah Consumer Privacy Act and are therefore are not subject to the requirements of these laws. For specific information related to your ability to access and correct your personal information, see Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
In compliance with the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we may rely upon one or more legal bases defined in the GDPR to collect, use, share and otherwise process the personal information of individuals located in the EU, including where:
- Necessary to perform a contract we have with you, such as our terms of engagement, and to provide the services;
- You have consented to the processing (in which case you may revoke your consent at any time);
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- Necessary in the public interest; and
- Necessary for the purposes of Covisum or a third party’s legitimate interests, provided that those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Where we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your information based on legitimate interests, we may rely on the following interests:
- Marketing our products: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in marketing our products to you. For example, where permitted by digital marketing law, we may contact you by email to let you know of products you might be interested in.
- Providing, improving and developing our products: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in tailoring and improving our products. For example, we may send you a survey or questionnaire to understand your experience in purchasing from us.
If you are located in the EU, under certain circumstances, you may have certain legal rights under the GDPR, including:
- To access the personal data we maintain about you
- To receive information about how we process your personal data
- To correct your personal data
- To have your personal data erased
- To object to or restrict how we process your personal data
- To request your personal data be transferred to a third party
- To withdraw any consent you may have given us to process your personal data
If you are an EU resident, you have the right to object to our processing that is based on legitimate interests by contacting us at the address or number below. If you are located in the EU and you believe that we have infringed your rights under the GDPR, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How is the Information that I Send to You Protected?
All of the information that you transmit to us electronically, including basic information necessary for basic calculators as well as personal information disclosed during registration, including credit card and other personal information is securely protected using at a minimum SSL (Secure Socket Layer) 128-bit encryption. GoDaddy provides the digital certificate enabling us to employ SSL encryption. Furthermore, we have implemented strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal financial information from unauthorized access or improper use, and we will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
How Do You Ensure the Security of the Payment Information Once I Give it to You?
Processing of online software subscriptions is facilitated through Stripe or Authorize.net. When you submit your credit card information, it is securely transmitted and a billing profile is established. All billing data is stored in Stripe or Authorize.net, both of which are PCI-DSS compliant.
What are Your Children’s Guidelines?
We do not knowingly collect online contact information or personal offline contact information about children from children. We do not entice children by the prospect of a special game, prize or activity, to divulge any information about themselves for any reason. We do not permit children under the age of thirteen (13) to register with our sites, as we do not knowingly accept or store personal information submitted by children younger than thirteen, nor do we respond to, promote to, market to, or communicate with children known to be younger than thirteen years old.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to: email@example.com or by writing to:
ATTN: Privacy Officer
444 Regency Parkway Dr.
Omaha, NE 68114