We know that many of our subscribers have been eagerly awaiting updates to our "Social Security and Retirement Income" and "Taxes in Retirement" PowerPoint presentations. We have a good news—the wait is over! You can now access the updated presentations through the marketing kit homepage.
What's Been Updated in the Tax Clarity Presentation?
We've updated the "Taxes in Retirement" presentation to account for the 2021 tax rules including:
- Tax bracket thresholds for ordinary income and capital gains
- Standard deduction and additional amount for being age 65 or blind
- IRA deduction and contribution phase-outs
- Roth contribution eligibility
- Individual monthly Medicare premium increases
- Social Security maximum taxable earnings: $142,800
What's Been Updated in the Social Security Timing PowerPoint?
The figures that have been updated in the "Social Security and Retirement Income" presentation include:
- COLA: 1.3%
- Maximum Taxable Earnings: $142,800
- Quarter of Coverage: $1,470
- Earnings Test Exempt Amount
- Under FRA: $18,960/yr ($1,580/month)
- Year you reach FRA: $50,520/yr ($4,210/month)
We've Added New Content About Potential Social Security Benefit Cuts
Social Security benefit cuts have become a bigger concern for many Americans in or nearing retirement—with good reason. The influx of new Social Security claimants in addition to the reduced income from fewer people working due to the pandemic have some think tanks estimating that the Social Security system will run out of funds even faster than projected – rather than 2035 as the last Social Security Trustees report indicated, it could be as early as 2029.
However, while benefit cuts would change longevity considerations a little bit, it does not support the idea that everyone should claim early. The updated "Social Security and Retirement Income" presentation now includes content that address these fears and shows prospects how talking to a financial advisor can make a big difference when it comes to getting the most our of their Social Security benefits.
Where Can I Find the PowerPoints?
You can download updated versions of the "Social Security and Retirement Income" and "Taxes in Retirement" PowerPoint presentations via your marketing kit homepage.
- Login using your software user ID and password.
- Select either Social Security Timing or Tax Clarity under the marketing tab on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down to the Downloads subheading and click on either the Social Security and Retirement Income PowerPoint Presentation link or the Taxes in Retirement PowerPoint Presentation link to download.
It's as easy as 1-2-3. However, if you have any difficulty at all, simply reach out to our expert customer support team via email or by calling 402-235-4500, and we can help you login and download the presentation.
How Do I Use the Presentations to Grow?
Our "Social Security and Retirement Income" and "Taxes in Retirement" PowerPoints were created by Covisum Founder and President Joe Elsasser, CFP®. Joe maintains a financial planning practice in Omaha Nebraska, where he uses these very presentations to reach new prospects.
These PowerPoints make it simple to host an educational webinar about a topic retirees care about. The presentations address their concerns directly and open the door to a bigger conversion about their specific retirement situation.
Plus, subscribers have access to wide variety of other marketing materials to help you promote the presentation, host a great event, and follow-up with attendees so they will book an appointment with you.
Have Any Other Materials Been Updated?
The Social Security tables document has been updated with new figures in the following sections:
- Quarters of coverage
- Maximum taxable earnings each year
- Cost of living adjustments
- Windfall elimination provision
Both the Tax Clarity quick reference guide and the Social Security quick reference guide have been updated for 2021 as well. We're planning to update more of our marketing materials soon.